Last minute Mediterranean cruise deals can provide great adventures and are easier on your wallet. Cruise and stay deals are a great way to extend your knowledge of a destination while experiencing all the fun of a cruise. Before you set off to parts unknown, make sure you take proper precautions to stay healthy. Here are a few reminders which might help.
Tips for keeping healthy on land and sea
• Ensure vaccinations are up to date.
• Obtain travel sickness and anti-diarrhoeal medication before you sail.
• Consult your doctor regarding precautions or vaccinations specific to your destination.
• Carry copies of any medical prescriptions in case they need to be replaced.
• Wash your hands frequently and carry disinfectant wipes or gel.
• Use your cabin lavatory instead of public toilets whenever possible.
• Carry a copy of your medical history and insurance information.
• Use adequate sunscreen protection even if travelling to snowy climates.
• Carry a basic first-aid kit in your luggage.
• Limit alcoholic beverages and keep hydrated.
• Carry an EpiPen for possible allergic reactions.
• Drink bottled water whenever possible. If local water is not safe to drink, remember to avoid ice.
Above all, enjoy yourself and have a bon voyage.